Earth4All Special Report: The system within: Addressing the inner dimensions of sustainability and systems transformation

Here’s a diagrammatic summary

1 Like

None of this is going to be possible without a clear recognition of the role of the human body both in our response, adaptive or maladaptive, to the polycrisis, and its role in our interconnectedness with each other and the earth. The body and not just the brain is what will provide the practical answers we seek. That is if we are willing to relinquish our control as experts and truly join hands in addressing the human condition.
As a somatic social theorist this is my focus. We now have the ability to think beyond all the old mental and objectifying categories but I don’t see evidence of this in your report. What is within our bodies is of course very cutting edge systems theory and requires both a basic knowledge of anatomy and an existential exploration of our interoceptive sensory motor system. But it is not beyond the capacity of anyone here to do this.
I would love to contribute some of these essential elements of the system within as I have understood them.
Jimfreda@gmail.com

1 Like